BLYTH TOWN CENTER: New Social Distancing Measures
New social distancing measures are to be introduced in Blyth from Monday 15th June:
- Scheme of enhanced social distancing signage - including ground stickers, signs affixed to street furniture, bus shelters etc, targeted at pinch point areas and including pedestrian crossing points.
- Work with traders to remove unnecessary street advertising boards / display of goods on the pavement
- Work with the Town Council to relocate any street furniture, but only if this is creating an obstruction that results in social distancing problems.
- Adjust timings of town centre pedestrian crossing points to make it easier for pedestrians to cross quickly and reduce the potential for queues to form.
- Implementation of 20mph speed limit to slow down drivers in Bowes Street to create a safer pedestrian environment when negotiating the narrow areas around the large brick planters.
- Provision of additional cycle parking racks to encourage more cycling into the town centre at locations jointly agreed with the town council.
- Provision of ‘Community Ambassadors’ for at least the first week of reopening to provide a highly visible presence within the high street offering support and guidance to shoppers and traders and to have ‘eye’s on the ground’ to identify any issues for escalation.
- Allocation of a senior manager to act as a key point of contact to the Town Council and other key stakeholders for any issues that require escalation/resolution.
Source: Blyth section of https://www.northumberland.gov.uk/coronavirus/Town-centres-reopening.aspx
What is South Beach Radio?
South Beach Radio - News & Views for Blyth
Coming soon... a community radio station serving Blyth and the immediate area with a view to launching on DAB digital radio next year.
We are just running a test stream for now so enjoy the music and feel free to like and comment on your favourite songs!
If you'd like to join us, get in touch via our Facebook page